Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's been awhile..

Hello all!
It has been well over a month since I have post anything on here, and I apologize. Many of you have messaged me and have asked why I haven't posted anything. Answer is every time I get the inspiration to write one, I have something for school or have to work. Then when I end up getting time I totally forget about what it was I wanted to write. This blog will probably start out as a big mess of nothing and blabbing, but I will eventually get onto a topic! haha

Let's start with my life this past month.. been somewhat of a roller coaster! I had my 1st respite for Recreation Unlimited! I had very limited sleep that week due to some traumatic events that forced me to be back and forth in between Lima and Columbus, also had a final and a paper due that week. So I arrived at that camp without a nap that day.. and within the previous 3 days a total number of 10 hours slept. By Saturday night I was absolutely exhausted, and running a fever. But I brought it down later that night, thank gosh. I was miserable! Butttt.. would never trade that experience for the world! Got really close to some of the campers, very interesting people to say the least, and all they are looking for is someone to listen and someone who cares to listen! Never thought I could fall in love with these people in just over 3 days, sad to see some of them go, but will get to see some of these adults during the summer residential camps! Everyone there is lovely, met 3 new girls who I instantly clicked with of course, I can be friends with anyone I suppose! I love all these new opportunities I am getting to experience! Yay! =)

On a sad note, the traumatic event that I was previously talking, which most of you could probably guess.. is the death's of Kody Knight and Bryan Taylor. Now personally I was never close to any of them, got to spend a handful of my summer with Kody, and just genuinely enjoyed his presence and of course his sweet girlfriend. But what made it so traumatic was that my Best Friend Brittany, was extremely close to Kody.. Always hearing her tell me hilarious stories about him and then finally get to hang out with him. He sure was a trip, and also the Knight family has been so helpful to my cousin Becky Mitchell, while she was and still is suffering from an incurable yet somewhat treatable form of cancer. I think anyone who even knew or was acquainted with these two felt some sort of sadness. It's hard to describe the feeling of someone who is around your age dying before they even got to start their career. Brittany and I were just talking about how much fun we had with Kody and his other friends and how much we couldn't wait for more things we could get into with them! My heart sank to my stomach when I got onto Facebook and read all of the condolences on everyone's status. I instantly called Brittany, and wasn't able to make out anything she was saying. My heart broke for her, had no idea what to do or to say. I was coming home that exact day to hang out with her.. it was supposed to be a beautiful day, we planned on riding our four-wheelers. But it ended up being a rainy depressing day where I just had to sit and comfort one of my best friends, and grasp the reality of what I was feeling. I texted all of my friends, and told them how much they meant to me, and till this day I will randomly shoot a text or write on their wall on how much I love and appreciate them. So cliche, but true.. you never ever realize how precious something is to you until its taken away. But my favorite belief is that God does everything for a reason.. it was time for those 2 guys to go home! Both of the funerals were tear jerkers. Kody's was such a different feeling funeral, I have never been so connected with God than I was during that funeral. It was a praise session, and many people accepted the Lord into their hearts for the very 1st time in honor of Kody. Almost positive he had a huge smile on his face with a tear rolling down his cheek during that moment! I am typically one to never cry in front of people, but I could not hold back those tears.. so glad that made his funeral that way. He wouldn't of wanted it any other way! ahhh!! I could go on and on about that feeling!

Another recent thing going on in my life, is my Grandfather is in the hospital. We aren't sure of what it is just yet, but he hemoglobin count is severely low and he had a rash all over his body. The doctor's think its this new heart medicine he is on, but they are conducting tests on him now to figure out what is going on. I used to be devastated when I would get the call that he was back in the hospital. But there has been so many close calls with him, I have become numb to them. In a way, I thank god for doing that for me. I put myself into a severe depression the 1st time I thought I was going to have to say goodbye to him. I had never lost anyone that close to me, and thinking he was going to be gone was the worst case scenario for me. But now that I see that he has suffered so many years, I'll be content when he passes. Not only that I know that he isn't suffering, but that God now has the most amazing man in my life in his presence, and that I will get to see him again soon. I feel so bad for my Grandpa that he has to live the way he does, 1/4 of his heart working, amputated leg, difficulty breathing. But he never changes, he always jokes around (even thought most of the time hes a butthead), he always gives me kisses and hugs, always asks about me when I am gone. Which I am very arrogant to say that I am his favorite grandchild =) His faces lights up when I dramatically enter the room =) of course I do it dramatically haha, he laughs every time I do it! Boy do I love this man though!

Didn't really get much onto a topic here, just a general summary of what has been going on with me during this  past month. I promise promise promise, next week after finals I will have a motivational blog on here!! Take my word for it!! I do have a lot to write about yet! I just need to get my butt into bed, so I can start to study for finals!

Until next week!
God Bless,
Andrea Farell <3

1 comment: