Sunday, April 17, 2011

Family..

I should be studying, but felt the need to write on here to express what I feel the meaning of family is. Hoping that my family will take a look at this as well. This may possibly be an extremely personal post, so which I may not post this link onto my Facebook for the entire world to see. But I am just writing as to what I feel at the moment.
Sadly, my siblings and I have never gotten along.. ever. I think maybe once every year all three of us can sit down for only about an hour an laugh our heads off without insulting each other, very rare case. Otherwise, we all are judging each others lives, making fun of their weight, their job, their looks. Yes, typical siblings but it is that times 100. Maybe it is because of the age difference, as I am 13 1/2 years younger than my brother, or maybe its because each and everyone one of us has a different mind set. I'm the open hearted sensitive one, my sister being the extremely sensitive yet hard headed one, and my brother.. the overly hard headed one. We all have different values and goals in our life. We have totally different perspectives and outlooks on what life should be about. Some have made mistakes that cannot be taken back, but yet those mistakes have brought happiness into our family. My mom is the one who is over the top sensitive, and thinks every negative thing said is attack on her, yet despite that she would stop everything going on in her life just to help you get back on your feet. As for my Grandmother, I grew very attached to her from the start because I was brought up by her when I was very young because my mom and dad had full time jobs when I wasn't in school, and instead of going to day care I stayed with her. But as years went by, I grew distant from her because of the family feuds that started unrolling. I won't get into details and I would never ever disown my Grandmother, because she is inevitably the reason why I am in Columbus and financially stable. But all I ask for from my family, is to allow God to handle our situation. No one is ever perfect, and disowning your family is NEVER okay. The bible says in  1 Timothy 5:8 -- Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Despite all the troubles we have had over the years, I continue to have faith that one day we will be able to be a happy, loving family. Notice I do not say perfect, we all have our flaws. Remember that disowning your family members, makes you an unbeliever. God sent his only son to forgive all of our sins, and he died on the cross, and excruciating pain for OUR sins, and if you cannot look over the flaws of your family members and remember all the times they have sacrificed things to help you, then God help you. Take a step back, look at your relationship with the Lord, and ask him what should you do. Don't let the work of your hands be the work of the devil. 

-- Andrea Farell <3

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry about your situation. You are totally right about putting it in the Lord's hands. I can relate to this in multiple ways so I know how u feel girl . All you can do is pray & continue what your doing, putting it in his hands. Plant the "seed" in their heads and let God take control from there. I love you

    ReplyDelete