Monday, March 14, 2011

Appreciation.. ♥

I've written about this before, but it definitely just struck home today. One of my friend's had an devastating loss in their family last night, his son passed away. He was just shy of turning a year old, and God took him to be an angel far to quick. I believe this with all my heart that God does absolutely everything for a reason, he knows what he is doing. He tests us each and everyday, sometimes to the point in which you question your faith in him. I know this first handedly, I questioned my faith awhile ago when my Grandpa was in and out of the hospital, I was being selfish because I couldn't understand why he had to go through all of this pain and misery. Why couldn't God just let him be okay? Why would he do this to someone this close to me? My grandpa still is living today, as said in a previous blog. He lives his life as normal as can be and has been an inspiration to us all. That is why God did that, he gives us hope. Back to my friend's son, even though he was only here a short period of time, he taught an important lesson. Lives should never be judged by how long a person lives, but by the lessons they taught during their life. It's a hard subject to talk about when a person loses a baby, then others can sit at home and caress their little one thanking god it wasn't their own. It doesn't seem fair. But everyone on this earth has a purpose.. whether it takes them 8 months to fulfill it, or 106 years to fulfill it. I would devastated if any of my nephews were taken away from me now, but at the end of the day you have to trust God's plans for everyone's life. 
I've said this numerous times to people, I am not the most religious person in the world. I really want to be more involved with what is going on up there! Trust me, I am in the works of finding something here in Columbus. I think I already have and I am more than excited to start getting involved! But my point is, I do believe. I believe in God. I believe he has amazing plans for me, even if I feel like everything is going wrong on my path to get there. I know it will all work out someday, you just have to believe. I could never see my self not believing in him, what would you have to live for then? You serve no purpose, life would just have no meaning. Look at our weather for instance.. its miserable during the winter. You are begging for summer, wanting warmer weather. Weeks after weeks we are getting dumped on by snow and freezing rain right after we had a 60 degree day. But then one day, the weather changes.. Sun is shining, birds are chirping, and all you can do is have that silly smile on your face that you can't get rid of! Now if that doesn't make you believe, I feel bad for you.
I am a overly optimistic person! Don't get me wrong though! When I get sad it is to the very extreme, but I think about 80% of my life is all happiness. I seriously wish I could be more comfortable with public speaking, because I could give some amazing speeches about optimism. But, this is why I write on this blog or over texts. I wear my heart on my sleeve behind a phone or a computer. But you ask me personal questions in person I instantly put a guard up. Really stinks most of the time, but I learned to accept it! 

Well, I really need to get to bed, I have to get up and study all day tomorrow for my last final. Oh I am so excited for break! 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

That is one of my favorite verses from the Bible, hence I have yet to read it all. I am slowly but surely working on it!

Never stop smiling!
God Bless!
<3 Andrea Farell


1 comment:

  1. Oh how difficult. I cannot imagine. But you are right God has plans bigger for us than we could ever imagine. It also helps if we cling to that promise

    ReplyDelete