Monday, March 7, 2011

Counting my blessings..

As I sat in my room, watching "Coming Home" all by myself with tears rolling down my face every two minutes, I realized how truly blessed I am. I have no idea how these women do it, letting their loved one leave for months, even years at a time. It's so crazy how much your family becomes a huge part of your life once you get older. I mean of course they are anyway, but at a younger age you tend to oversee the importance of family interaction. I am a sap, I am a momma's girl, even though I am very independent I call my mom probably twice a day at the minimum. A little crazy? Maybe, I just love talking to her! haha! Younger we would get into screaming matches, to the point where my mom would say some very hurtful things, as did I. I haven't fought with her like that in possibly 3 years. Those used to be the worst, but she always ended up regretting some of the things she said. I'd lock myself in my room, and probably an hour later a piece of paper would pop under my door, with a cute little picture saying I'm sorry. Haha she's so goofy! I miss her everyday! But back to my point, I can go home and see them basically whenever I please. But, these families of people in the armed forces cannot. It breaks my heart to watch little kids reactions when see their dad or mom for the 1st time in a year. A lot changes within a one year span! So, I am truly grateful I am able to see my family on a regular basis! My heart goes out to all the people in the armed forces and I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into for proctecting our freedoms. I am always the one who reaches out a hand to thank any suited soldier walking by, I love seeing their reactions when I do that! If I could make everyone person in the world smile once my life would be complete! POSITIVE POSITIVE! You can never die from it so why not? haha =)

I swear I just ramble on these, they aren't proper writing techniques that Bradley would definitely be disappointed with me about! Buttt, I don't care. I do not really have time to make this structured. So, now I must focus on a little bit of homework. I work tomorrow at 1130 am! Hope you all have a great week, and remember God is always there when you need him the most! Well anytime at that, don't forget it!

God Bless!!
<3 Andrea Farell

No comments:

Post a Comment